Internet and Web Development Experience
Internet Consultant & Web Site Designer
- Creator of many award-winning Web sites; including Internet Daily News and the Internet Job Center.
- Developer of Web-based magazines, newspapers, newsletters and books.
- Expert knowledge of Web traffic analysis, Web site set-up, content update, and maintenance.
- Provide clients with expert advice on the Internet and the Web.
- Extensive knowledge of Internet fire walls and security issues.
- Design and implement Web-Database solutions for clients.
Internet Technology Author
- Author of many Internet technology books, including: Increase Your Web Traffic, Peter Norton's Guide to Java Programming, Netscape ONE Developer's Guide, FrontPage 97 Unleashed, and Web Publishing Unleashed Professional Reference Edition.
- Contributing editor and columnist for Web Database Developer column in Dr. Dobb's Sourcebook; recent topics include Web-Database connectivity with LiveWire, scripting ODBC Web-database solutions and writing Web-Database scripts with CGI.
Computer Network & Management Experience
Wide Area Network Manager - U.S. Air Force
- Provided direction, leadership, and technical expertise to 14-member staff.
- Managed multiple OS LANs in support of over 500 users at local and remote sites.
- Coordinated with executive management and ADP offices nationwide.
- Developed, planned, and installed network infrastructure.
- Managed advanced projects and ongoing development/programming efforts.
Senior UNIX System Administrator - U.S. Air Force
- Supervised and managed 6-member staff.
- Advanced experience solving software and hardware problems on WANs/LANs.
- Managed large databases; advanced experience with SYBASE.
- Wrote C/C++/UNIX scripts optimizing for speed/performance/reliability.
- Installed and configured workstations, servers, cables, routers, and hubs.
- Project manager for many advanced projects.
UNIX LAN/WAN System Administrator - U.S. Air Force
- Network operations on host 3B15 mainframes, Sun Servers, Sun workstations, and PCs.
- Worked extensively with DOS, Windows, UNIX, Xenix, AT&T 3B15, and Sun OS.
PC Manager - U.S. Air Force
- Managed 45 PCs and centralized database system.
- Responsibilities included procurement, installation, backup and recovery.
- Streamlining efforts made it possible to downsize 8-person shop to 4-person shop.
Systems Analyst - U.S. Air Force
- Responsible for computer equipment in excess of $2.8 million.
- Directed 12-person analytical effort.
Computer Training Experience
- Experienced on-the-job trainer; skills taught: general computing, systems analysis, system administration, and network management.
- Class room instructor; skills taught system administration, database administration, mainframe administration, mainframe maintenance, server maintenance, server installation, work station installation, and network management.
- Wrote technical training manuals.
General Computer Experience
- Programming experience in Assembler, C, C++, COBOL, Java and UNIX shell.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX, Windows, Sun OS, and Solaris 2.X.
- Expert knowledge of IBM PCs, Sun SPARC workstations, and Sun servers.
- Extensive work with airborne computer systems and telecommunications.
- Extensive work with satellite communications.
General Management Experience
- Advanced project management and development skills.
- Advanced budget and planning skills.
- Master's class on Business Law and Regulations (Law 651).
- Master of Science in Information Systems Management, Hawaii Pacific University.
Graduated with distinction, GPA 4.0.
- BS in Computer Science, Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, Hawaii.
Magna Cum Laude. 4.0 GPA for all core classes. Finalist for class valedictorian.
Significant Career Accomplishments & Awards
- 17 career decorations in United States Air Force.
- Recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Air Force's highest flying honor; earned during the Persian Gulf War.